Coming to Hvidovre

Personal Registration Number (CPR number)

In Denmark each person has a personal registration number, which is called a CPR number. CPR stands for Central Person Register.

The CPR number is essential in relation to any contact with the Danish authorities and especially in connection to tax and social security issues. You will also need a CPR number in order to work in Denmark and use the health care system.

In order to obtain a CPR number, you have to contact International Citizen Service center in Copenhagen. You need to bring your residence permit and personal ID, such as passport.

Personal Digital Signature (MitID)

For contact with most of the public authorities, banks, insurance companies etc. you will need a personal digital signature (MitID). MitID gives you access to self-service solutions such as changing your address or putting your child’s name down for daycare. It is also necessary for online banking and for making changes in your tax folder.

Your personal digital signature can be issued at Hvidovre Citizen Service. In order to obtain a digital signature you need to have a Social Security Number (CPR-number) and you must bring your personal ID, such as passport.

Please note that most self-service solutions are only available in Danish. You can get help using the self service solutions and your MitID at Hvidovre Citizen Service